Jr./ Sr. High School Guidance Department Contacts:
Jill Bruder: email@example.com (K-12) Prevention Specialist
Amber Uranko: firstname.lastname@example.org (7-12) School Counselor
Jennifer Mosier: email@example.com (7-12) Guidance Secretary
Reminder: please do not contact the guidance department in case of an emergency needing immediate assistance, instead reach out to the Columbia Country Crisis Hotline 1-800-222-9016.
For Community and Mental Health Resources, please see the Community Resources tab located under Links.
Upcoming Dates/Events 22-23 School Year:
Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): OPENS OCTOBER 1st: Apply Here!
-Set up your FSAID at least 3 days prior to starting FAFSA!
Graduation Requirement Helpful Information:
Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Graduation Requirements:
ACT 7: All high school students must learn CPR prior to graduation.
ACT 35: All high school students must complete a locally developed assessment of U.S. History, Government and Civics once prior to graduation.
ACT 158:Graduation Pathways: ACT 158 Toolkit
Please see the information letter on the Act 158 Graduation Requirements by clicking HERE!
Local Graduation Requirements:
Course Booklet & Scheduling:
Millville High School Course Booklet 2022-2023: Schedules have been handed out to students (9th-12th grade) prior to summer break.
Students may e-mail or call the guidance office up until the 1st day of school for scheduling issues/concerns.
Columbia Montour Vo-Tech (CMAVTS) Info. for the 22-23 School Year:
Click here for a video about CMAVTS
-Applications for the 22-23 School Year were due February 11th.
*If you missed the deadline and are interested, please stop in the guidance office for assistance.
Talen Energy is hiring high school graduates! Here are some open positions:
Apply on their website (Click 'Talen Energy' above)
Bloomsburg Carpet is hiring!
Bloomsburg Carpet Job Application OR Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=2496b8ad-dbeb-4ad3-928b-501ee46bf8df&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US
For questions, please contact:
Tracy Hoover HR Manager
570-784-9188 x 210
Dollar Tree is hiring!
Information on positions at the Dollar Tree click here and here!
To apply you can do so online, call: 570-752-7970 or walk-ins M-F 8:00AM-4:00PM
· Must be 18 years of age
· Ability to work in a fast paced, production driven environment
· Ability to repetitively bend, reach, stand, walk and lift 70lb boxes without difficulty
· Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety
· Good housekeeping
· Must be okay lifting continuously throughout the shift
· Must be ok working at heights and using ladder and Step Stools
Company Information: A lot of folks do not realize just how large of a Corporation Dollar Tree is….
· Dollar Tree is a Fortune 137 company
· We own both Dollar Tree and Family Dollar.
· We are a $26+ Billion Dollar company with over 200,00 employees.
· We have over 16,000 stores in the US and Canada and we open 500 to 600 new stores every year.
· We currently have 26 Distribution Centers in the United States and 2 in Canada.
· We have numerous Associates working here that started right out of high school locally here and are still here 20 years later.
· And, 70% of our Managers have been promoted from the hourly ranks and you do not need to have a college degree to progress with the Company.
· It’s a great opportunity right in their back yard.
Cheetah Chassis is hiring! Here are some open positions:
Must be 17 years of age
Check out their brochure here!
If you're interested you can contact Rosanne Kunkle, HR Manager
570-802-5242 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday-Thursday 6AM-4:30PM)
Benton Foundry is hiring! Here are some open positions:
Click here for information!
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call (570)925-6711 to schedule an interview.
Wise Foods Inc. is hiring! Click their flyer here for information!
*Students should regularly check their school e-mail for information or stop in the guidance office for an application!
Check out the widget below. You can scroll using the down arrows and click on information as needed!
Financial Aid Information 2022-2023
Please see below for the SAT and ACT Dates and Registration Deadlines for the 22-23 School Year:
Future Planning Info. Packet for Seniors
Letters of Recommendation
Complete a Counselor Letter of Recommendation Request form (pick up in the guidance office or fill out from document below and email to Mrs. Uranko)
*Turn in to Guidance 2 weeks prior to your earliest deadline
Form: /userfiles/238/my files/clor request form.docx?id=3404
- Complete a Transcript Request Form (pick up in the guidance office or fill out from document below
- Return to Mrs. Mosier 10 days prior to your earliest deadline
Form: /userfiles/238/my files/transcript request form 20-21.pub?id=3403
Central PA Virtual Career Fair: Check it out!
- All Male students are required by law to register for the Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday.
Available through Bloomsburg University ACE & STEM Programs
Procedure: /userfiles/238/my files/ace and dual enrollment procedures.pdf?id=3767
Incoming Junior and Senior students that are interested in taking Dual Enrollment courses at Bloomsburg University during the Summer of 2022 and/or the Fall of 2022 semester, should apply here: https://www.bloomu.edu/ace. On approximately March 18, the schedule of classes will be available for both Summer and Fall at http://adminapps.bloomu.edu/coursesearch/search .
Scheduling for Summer Session begins on April 11.
Scheduling for Fall Semester begins on April 18 and continues until the Fall Semester begins.
Planning Your Future Resources:
*For those students wanting to play DI or DII sports in college, should begin planning as early as 9th grade.
Marywood University is offering a new program: Respiratory Therapy! Check out information here: http://www.marywood.edu/respiratorytherapy/index.html